Kukeldash Madrassah

1
153
Kukeldash Madrassah
Kukeldash Madrassah

Madrassah was built in 1587-1591 with the means of the famous statesman Kul-baba Kukeldash (died 1597). Madrassah in the period of its existence was repaired several times. The biggest repair was carried out at the time when Tashkent was a part of the Kokand Khanate with the governor Madali-khan (1822-1842).

 

In the 1930s, the Madrassah was turned into storage, then used as office premises by various institutions. In 1990 the Madrassah was assigned to the Spiritual Board of Muslims and after the repair has been used for its real purpose. A significant part of decoration and inscriptions is lost.

Source: welcomeuzbekistan.uz

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY